Double is a flexible assistant service for busy executives. We help CEOs and their teams save time and focus on what they do best without the cost of hiring, by matching them with a dedicated remote assistant. Double provides the tools and methods to make delegation and task management effortless, so executives and assistants are always in sync. We help our clients with scheduling, travel, inbox management, administrative tasks, and much more.
Double was founded in 2018 by the early Sunrise team (acquired by Microsoft for $100M in 2015). We closed our Series A in September 2021 with top investors like Index Ventures and Daphni, and have built a strong team with employees from the early teams at Asana, Instacart, and Front. We grew 5x in the last year, we have onboarded 100+ executive assistants, and we're now looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join our Finance team.
We're on a mission to help people rethink how they work and live, and focus on what matters to them. Let's build the future of delegation together!
About the Role
As the Finance Manager and the only fully-dedicated Finance employee on the team, you will work on all accounting and financial aspects of Double. You will working on the billing, Accounts Payable, monthly closing, cash flows, expenses management, and reporting aspects of the organization. You will also be supporting the executive team with FP&A as well as fundraising.
The right person for the role is a roll-up-their-sleeve, get-stuff-done individual with strong accounting and finance experience, ideally in a venture-backed high-growth company. Our work environment is fast-paced, exciting, transparent, and flexible. We work hard to support each other in many ways and you will get all the support you need to grow your career to the next level.
You will report directly to our Head of Finance & Special Projects, and will collaborate with all the teams in the organization. This is a full-time position and fully remote or in our Brooklyn, NY office. Applicants must be US, Canadian, or French citizens.
What You Will Do
- Own the monthly billing processes in our internal and external systems, and collaborate closely with our Customer Success Team on all requests from clients related to billing
- Participate in Accounts Payable processes and manage the biweekly contractor payments cycles
- Manage our expenses systems, procedures, and all card management + reimbursements for our employees
- Own the monthly close processes, KPI reporting and analysis with department heads and the CEO
- Own, improve, implement and monitor the Finance processes and systems to help scale the organization, in close partnership with our Technology Team
- Support the FP&A and build financial models for the strategic budgeting processes across the organization
- Actively manage the relationship with external financial providers like accounting firms, auditors, banking partners
- Collaborate with the CEO and Head of Finance on compliance, fundraising, investor relations, preparation of board meetings, and other ad-hoc projects
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience in Finance, a background in accounting and CPA are a plus
- You have a good understanding of US GAAP, IFRS a plus
- You have the highest levels of integrity, efficiency, and attention to detail
- You have impeccable time-management and communication skills in English (written and spoken), basic knowledge of French is a plus
- You thrive in dynamic environments, diverse cultures, and focus on continuous improvement
- You have an advanced degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- You have a strong knowledge of accounting systems
- You have demonstrated Excel/Google Sheets skills (SQL, VBA and Google Scripts a plus) and have knowledge in modern Finance systems (our Finance stack includes QBO, Ramp, Stripe, Carta)
- You want to join the Double movement, engage with the community, and you like to have fun at work!
Benefits + Perks
- An insanely supportive team, working to build great products and make delegation simpler and easier for everyone
- A competitive salary, a flexible vacation policy, and a remote-friendly culture
- Generous Stock Options
- Participation in medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness perks
- Team happy hours and company outings
To apply, click the button below, complete the form and we will be in touch within 2-3 business days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.