Double is a flexible assistant service for busy executives. We help CEOs and their teams save time and focus on what they do best without the cost of hiring, by matching them with a dedicated remote assistant. Double provides the tools and methods to make delegation and task management effortless, so executives and assistants are always in sync. We help our clients with scheduling, travel, inbox management, administrative tasks, and much more.
Double was founded in 2018 by the early Sunrise team (acquired by Microsoft for $100M in 2015). We closed our Series A in September 2021 with top investors like Index Ventures and Daphni, and have built a strong team with employees from the early teams at Asana, Instacart, and Front. We grew 5x in the last year, we have onboarded 100+ executive assistants, and we're now looking for an experienced Operations leader to join our executive team.
We're on a mission to help people rethink how they work and live, and focus on what matters to them. Let's build the future of delegation together!
About the Role
As the Head of Operations, you will lead the teams in charge of customer and assistant onboarding, satisfaction, and engagement. You will be key in scaling our operations to build our team and achieve our revenue and growth objectives.
The right person for the role is a roll-up-their-sleeve, get-stuff-done individual with strategic vision who has experience building and scaling teams from a very early stage. Our work environment is fast-paced, exciting, transparent, and flexible. We work hard to support each other in many ways and you will get all the support you need to grow your career to the next level.
You will report directly to Alice, our CEO and co-founder, and will lead a team of 6 full-time employees and over 100 executive assistants (all 1099s). This is a full-time position and fully remote or in our Brooklyn, NY office. Applicants must reside in the U.S.
What You Will Do
- Own, improve, implement and monitor all the Operations and Customer Success processes to help us scale our community of Double assistants from 100 to 400+ and grow our client base to thousands of MAUs in the next 2 years
- Set strategic operational goals and KPIs around customer and assistant satisfaction, engagement, matching timelines, average revenue — and report on them to the wider team
- Build the best and largest community of experienced part-time remote executive assistants in the US in partnership with our People and HR team
- Maintain our Contribution Margin objectives and be responsible for the top lines of the company's P&L
- Hire, train, lead and develop a team of managers and operators focused on providing the best experience to our executive clients and executive assistants
- Partner with the CEO and executive team on strategic projects and preparation of quarterly board meetings
- Work closely with the Product team to provide feedback and implement new features to help achieve the Operations team's objectives
- Collaborate with the Finance Team to set comprehensive budgets and targets for the company’s financial and operational performance and growth
Who you are
- You have 8+ years of leadership experience in Operations (VP/Head of Operations) or management consulting, with experience in a high-growth startup preferred
- You have outstanding communication, organizational, and leadership abilities
- You have the highest levels of integrity, efficiency, and attention to detail
- You appreciate the challenges related to supporting a growing team of diverse personalities and programs
- You have impeccable time-management and communication skills in English (written and spoken), basic knowledge of French is a plus
- You thrive in dynamic environments and focus on continuous improvement
- You have an advanced degree in Business or equivalent work experience
- You want to join the Double movement and engage with the community
- You like to have fun at work!
Benefits + Perks
- An insanely supportive team, working to build great products and make delegation simpler and easier for everyone
- A competitive salary, a flexible vacation policy, and a remote-friendly culture
- Generous Stock Options
- Participation in medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness perks
- Team happy hours and company outings
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.