Double is a flexible assistant service for busy executives. We help CEOs and their teams save time and focus on what they do best without the cost of hiring, by matching them with a dedicated remote assistant. Double provides the tools and methods to make delegation and task management effortless, so executives and assistants are always in sync. We help our clients with scheduling, travel, inbox management, administrative tasks, and much more.
We started in April 2018, and our latest Series A fundraising of $8.5M in October 2021 places us among the most dynamic players in productivity. We grew 4x in the last year, and are now looking for an exceptional, energetic, Front End Software Engineer to help us continuously improve our web apps.
On the product front, we've built a software ecosystem that includes apps for Web, iPhone, and Chrome, for both assistants and executives. Our product mission is to help CEOs become better executives by providing the platform to efficiently communicate, manage tasks, improve their delegation skills, and build the best relationship with their assistants.
Let's build the future of delegation together!
About the Role
As part of our engineering team, you will have a strong impact and ownership of our web apps, both client-facing and internal. You will collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver useful, usable, and desirable product experiences.
Our web apps are built with Apollo GraphQL, React, and TypeScript. Our backend uses Node and we also build a native iOS app in Swift (UIKit and SwiftUI)
This is a full-time, 100% remote position and will report to the Engineering Manager. If you are in the area, you may also choose to take advantage of our HQ Office in Brooklyn, NY.
What You Will Do
In the first month:
- Get familiar with our products and understand how they work from the end-user point of view
- Get up to speed on the structure of our web codebase and our engineering stack
- Solve a few starter bugs and ship some improvements to our existing products
In the first 3 months:
- Partner with Product and Design teams on a medium scope feature and ship it to end users
- Build dashboards to track quantitative data about shipped features and track the success
- Engage with our community of assistants to help them when they face a bug or an issue
- Be involved in user research efforts to develop empathy with our users
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to weigh in on the features you are involved in and on the larger product roadmap
In the first 6 months:
- Lead the implementation of a large-scale project that has implications on a large surface area of our product
- Have a solid intuition of what projects are hard and what projects are easy to deliver given our technical stack
- Solve a pain point in the developer experience that will make your fellow engineers eternally grateful
- Handle a complex bug by adding more instrumentation
- Evaluate and implement necessary steps to improve performance and reliability
- Respond to an incident in production and derive learnings from it to make sure it does not happen again
- Feel comfortable filling the gaps left by the Design team when you encounter an edge case, and know when to ask for a second opinion
Within the first 12 months:
- Have re-written from scratch or deleted the feature you launched in your second month, and be fine with it!
- Have participated in hiring and onboarding new teammates to the team
- Have contributed to defining our engineering culture
- Have interacted with all functions in our organization, including Operations, Customer Success, and Marketing, to make sure we are building the right product
- Maybe have owned a feature end-to-end on the backend and/or iOS app to get out of your comfort zone
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- You have 2+ years of programming experience including 1+ years of Reach experience
- You are familiar with or excited about TypeScript, GraphQL, Apollo, React Hooks, and Chrome Extensions
You Are Excited Because
- You are a strong believer in software engineering best practices (automation, peer reviews, ...)
- You are passionate about solving a wide range of software engineering challenges, making people more productive, and building well-designed products. You like sharing your opinion about the product we are building, even though you don't need to be the expert.
- You are a self-starter and are not afraid to deal with ambiguity.
- You are excited by the ownership opportunities that come with joining an early-stage company.
- You like taking initiative to make your team more efficient, by implementing tooling and process improvements.
- You are not afraid of throwing code away as you understand that small companies need to change quickly.
- You are open to getting out of your lane and contributing to parts of our stack that are new to you when it delivers the most impact for the team.
- You bring energy to your teammates and thrive at pushing things forward. You communicate well with a diverse team.
Benefits and Perks
- An insanely supportive team, working to build great products and make delegation simpler and easier for everyone, with a strong focus on work-life balance, transparency, and support
- A competitive base salary and a generous equity package
- Unlimited PTO
- Participation in medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Wellness stipend to help you manage and balance your physical, emotional, educational, and financial well-being
- Team happy hours and offsite company outings
To apply, click the button below, complete the form and we will be in touch within 5-7 business days.
Double is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We celebrate and value diversity at our company and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.